Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Chicken of the VNC - Slow connecting to Ubuntu

Chicken of the VNC is undoubtably one of the coolest-named apps around. And, in most situations, it's the best VNC client on the Mac. But it has some serious issues when connecting to my Ubuntu (Feisty Fawn) server - it's slow to the point that it's unusable.

Twiddling with the various options doesn't make a difference. No idea what's causing the issue; if anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it!

In the meantime I use the venerable VNCViewer. It hasn't been updated in years but it connects to my server just fine (although it does drive CPU usage high).

4 comments:

Matvey said...

JollyFastVNC is another alternative; it's a universal binary and behaves better than old VNCViewer

Anonymous said...

JollysFastVNC is certainly faster than the Chicken... I"m sold... :)

Anonymous said...

Just tried it, huge difference. Thank you.

Richie Presto said...

JollysFastVNC... done and done