Unfortunately, the version of Firefly in the Ubuntu repositories is a little old and stopped working for me when I recently upgraded my iTunes. Upgrading it wasn't as easy as normal in Ubuntu so I thought I'd list the steps I took:
- Uninstall the old version
- sudo apt-get remove mt-daapd
- Delete configuration files and the database as they appear to be incompatible (YMMV).
- sudo rm /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db
- sudo rm /etc/mt-daapd.conf
- Download a recent build
- wget http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/dl.php?FILE=mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_feisty_i386.deb
- Install package
- dpkg -i mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_feisty_i386.deb
Now reconfigure Firefly. There's probably a much better workaround than deleting the config files and the database but Firefly is so easy to set up that it's not worth figuring it out!
Thankfully, I can now, once again, play my music through iTunes from my Ubuntu server.